Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Knitted Zebra



I've finally finished a project that has been lingering for months. I knitted the zebra with self striping yarn which I think gave it a really neat effect. If it hadn't taken me so darn long to finish the first one I'd make another to see how totally different they would come out.
I also used pipe cleaners this time around for the legs. My last animal (the elephant) was not so lucky and he's not able to stand on his own. I'm thinking about going back and ripping out his legs to fix him.
K and I have been talking about some polar animals to add to his collection next. He is really excited about a polar pear and penguins.

5 comments:

anna said...

I LOVE your zebra!! Especially his beautiful spindly little legs :) gorgeous

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Oh he looks great :) What a great idea to use pipe cleaners in the legs to help it stand!

Melissa Plank said...

Your zebra is super cute! You totally need a herd of them!

milkymumma said...

He is just super!

Brynn said...

Thanks everyone!